Vision for Pimlico
When we started the Forum’s work in late 2016 and asked people what they liked about Pimlico, they almost universally replied that they liked the ‘village’ that is quiet compared with the surrounding areas with fine architecture of all periods and with high quality gardens, parks and green spaces.
Building on this, our March 2017 AGM unanimously endorsed the following vision for our area:
- Continue to maintain the quiet village atmosphere and its largely residential nature;
- Improve the quality of life of current and future residents by bringing about a more vibrant retail and commercial sector and enhancing leisure and cultural facilities;
- Development that respects and enhances the form and setting of the conservation areas;
- Protecting the squares and green spaces and where possible add more of them; and
- Improve the local environmental quality by continuing to limit and if possible reduce the harmful effects of traffic.